Ensuring patient care and services are client-centered, responsive, and respect individuals’ unique needs is one of the foundations of best practices in mental health care.
To learn more about patient care at Riverview Hospital and the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital – and about mental health care in general – follow the links below:
- Mindcheck.ca: A youth and young adult-focused interactive website where visitors can check out how they’re feeling and get connected to support early and quickly. Support includes education, self-help tools, website links, and assistance in connecting to local professional resources.
- Healthy Living Toolkits for Professionals and Families: these toolkits promote healthy living in children and youth with mental health challenges. The toolkits contain information, resources, tools, and tips from families who have faced similar challenges across the province.
- Kelty Mental Health Resource Centre: a provincial resource centre located at BC Children's Hospital, working to link children, youth and their families with appropriate resources in all areas of mental health and addictions. The centre also serves the resource needs of adults with an eating disorder.
- Information Resources: useful links and web resources on all aspects of mental health
- Patient Advocacy: how BCMHAS ensures that the concerns of patients and their families are addressed
- Riverview's Charter of Patient Rights: still on the leading edge after 10 years
- Patient Services & Activities: how patients are supported in daily living
- Visitors' Information: maps, directions, visiting hours
- How are we doing? Let us know what you think.